We've heard'em all; we've listened. The answer is: Yes, we can! Graphic © 1996 Clark Internet Publishing Inc.
- I'm not sure we're ready to jump into the world of web design.
- That's why we're here, so you don't have to. We'll handle all the technical issues, train your editor, and manage all the back room processes. Think of us as just another job printer, without paper or ink.
- We plan to wait "a while" before making an online version.
- Your competition isn't waiting.
- We had a quote for a custom design for our publication that was several times as much. How can you do this?
- Think: Economies of scale. It's because many Journalmaker publishers share the same equipment, Internet connections, staff and database manager for articles, graphics, and other processes. Since they don't all have to hire staff and buy servers and other machinery and software, they all benefit from reduced costs. AND it just gets better, because technical improvements and general upgrades to the system are provided FREE to current users.
- None of your sample layouts looks like our publication.
- We work for you! Our design team can customize the screen layout for your publication. Although certain database features will work the same way as other publications, the look and feel can be quite varied, and at a fraction of the cost of a unique design. The quickly growing set of standard layouts can appear very different once each publication completes its theme graphics and other quasi-customization. And the amazing feature set and flexibility of the internal (article) layouts lets you vary appearance article by article and edition by edition. Finally, new features and layout options are added continuously by the Journalmaker team in response to client requests. Most become available to all users, further increasing the diversity of appearance.
- My webmaster* says he can make a system just like this for $1.98.
- Your associate is either a fool or a knave. Journalmaker is the product of years of development and extensive testing since 1997 on numerous publications with differing requirements. The designers and technical staff brought over 50 years of publishing and business experience to the project. We estimate the cost of complete replication at about ten times our fees for both implementation and technical support. Far be it from us to suggest that your colleague is angling for a lifetime sinecure.
(* editor, neighbor, local copy center guy...)
- My college kid is building our online edition in the dorm. It will be a lot like Journalmaker.
- Thank you for visiting! When the time comes -- and it will, as surely as day follows night -- contact us via our Contacts form. (And please pardon the derisive laughter from our tech staff.)